Effective Date: December 2021
The MCMS respects the privacy of our members and visitors to our website. While offering our website users the advantages and convenience of web-based technologies, we also strive to employ practices that ensure information collected about members and visitors is used appropriately. Generally, information is used to help us better serve our members and customers.
At all times the MCMS reserves the right to disclose information where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect the MCMS’s rights or property, including without limitation in the event of a transfer of control of the MCMS or substantially all of its assets, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
What information is collected on the website?
- General visitors: We collect information for internal marketing purposes about pages that visitors browse. This information does not contain e-mail addresses.
- Customers: We collect personally identifiable information necessary for registration and billing from customers who may purchase our products and services online.
- Members: We collect personally identifiable information about members who provide their information on web pages that are specifically designed to collect membership information, such as online questionnaires, resume submissions, job postings, and applications for membership.
The MCMS website is intended for adults. The MCMS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If the MCMS obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13, in retrievable form in its files, the MCMS will delete that information from our existing files.
Do we use “cookies?”
How do we use information collected on the website?
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, enhance the value of our products, and communicate with members and customers as follows:
- MCMS personnel, its elected leaders and members have access to membership information for purposes of communicating with members and customers and furthering the mission of the organization.
- The MCMS may make member business address information available to external organizations for purposes of providing relevant information to members. Business information does not include e-mail addresses.
- Any request by an external organization or affiliated component of MCMS for a member mailing list must be approved on a case-by-case basis, and the organization must agree that the information will only be used for the specifically approved communication. The MCMS only releases business address and phone number in response to requests and does not release email information.
- The MCMS may make educational session participant contact information available to participants, corporate partners and individuals serving as faculty at educational programs.
- The MCMS may contact members and customers about events and opportunities.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
How may members or customers opt out of receiving communications or materials from the MCMS?
Any member or customer who does not wish to be contacted by us or an organization with which we might otherwise share contact information may let us know by using the contact information below. Members and customers may request to opt out of specific e-mail communications from the MCMS or request an overall opt out of both mail and e-mail communications (with the exception of basic membership and dues renewal mailings).
How may members or customers review their information or request a change of information?
Members may edit/update their profile information by clicking “My Profile” upon logging into the site. Alternately, requests to change or review information may be sent to us using the contact information below.
How may members, customers, or visitors request information about the security of the MCMS website?
We have reasonable security measures in place at our physical facilities and on our web server to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected from members, customers, and visitors. Requests to review security information may be sent to us using the contact information below.
Periodically we may use collected information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. When our information collection and dissemination practices change, we will post the policy changes on MCMS.org.
How do I contact the MCMS?
Montgomery County Medical Society